Character Blendshape Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate Character Blendshape Artists to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
Working closely with the rigging, character modeling, and animation teams, the Character Blendshape Artist is responsible for bringing to life highly detailed virtual characters, capturing all of the subtle nuance of facial deformations into a highly crafted system of blendshape poses.
A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of anatomy, excellent sculpting ability, with an emphasis on crafting highly expressive character facial poses, and a strong understanding of the content creation process for blendshape rigs. As the Character Blendshape Artist is responsible for working very closely with the rigging department to create clean, efficient, and highly polished facial rigs, strong technical and organizational skills are also critical for the position.
- Experience sculpting realistic characters and expressions
- Strong understanding of topology and its effect on deformations.
- Excellent understanding of anatomy, particularly with regards to movement
- Basic understanding of anatomical rigging techniques.
- Experience working with technical artists and animators
- Basic understanding of animation principles
- Understanding of the Facial Action Coding System
- Prior experience working with facial or body scan data
- Experience testing new technologies and methods to improve workflows and fidelity
Please send samples of your work with your application.
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted