Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of gameplay, art and story-telling. We are in the pre-production phase of an exciting new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP we are creating. In addition, we are also in full production on a cutting edge VR experience, in partnership with Oculus. Our team is growing, so come join one of the preeminent independent video-game developers in the world.
The Concept Artist is responsible for creating original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate is expected to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats, experience in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work
- Require knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop.
- Familiarity with and passion for games
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong understand of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted