Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of gameplay, art and story-telling. We are currently developing high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces. As a member of the FX team you will have the opportunity to work on all of Ready At Dawn’s active projects.
Successful candidates are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints. Experience with scripting and gameplay systems are a major plus. The FX Artist possesses the ability to work both independently and in cooperation with the Art Director, Animators, Cinematic Artists, and Designers in the pursuit of their craft. They will be expected to develop visually stunning in-game FX elements for game environments, characters and cinematics as well as contribute to the development and enhancement of particle effect systems, tools, and pipelines.
- Fluent knowledge of at least one major 3D package (Maya, Max, Houdini, ect.)
- Experience working with real-time particle and VFX editors in a game engine (Unreal, Unity, or similar proprietary)
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving skills
- Experience with Photoshop or comparable program
- Passion for video games
- An excitement for learning and evolving ones craft
- At least two years of applicable industry experience
- Portfolio of effects made in real-time engines
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Programming experience
- Scripting and/or visual scripting experience (Unreal’s Blueprints, ect.)
- Fluid simulation experience with Maya, Houdini or equivalent.
- Strong texturing and material skills
- Any other game related art or design experience (modeling, scripting, etc)
Demo reels / Portfolios must include samples of previous work preferably with a breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted.
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted