Lead Character Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of gameplay, art and story-telling. We are currently working on three exciting and eclectic projects.
We are in the pre-production phase of an exciting new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP we are creating. In addition, we are also in full production on both a cutting edge VR experience, in partnership with Oculus and De·formers, a fast and frantic third person smash’em arena game in partnership with GameTrust.
Our team is growing, so come join one of the preeminent independent video-game developers in the world.
Working together with the other art leads, designers, and animators, the lead character artist is tasked with managing the character art department. The candidate is responsible for the character art team’s creation of visually stunning 3d characters and interactive gameplay models that both closely capture the “look” and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical engine and animation requirements.
Other than strong leadership skills, a successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of sculptural form, anatomy, and a familiarity with and ability to work in a wide range of artistic styles. A high attention to detail and strong technical and artistic problem solving abilities are equally important for the position.
- 4+ years games industry experience
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Strong technical modeling skills (extremely clean mesh, uvs, and scene organization are a must)
- Full understanding of the character art pipeline and to work with other departments to create efficiencies
- Strong understanding of game character creation (retopology for ideal rigging deformation and to convincingly support normal maps)
- Software: Maya, ZBrush, xNormal, Photoshop (or comparable programs)
- Strong traditional sculpture, drawing, painting, and texturing skills are a plus
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted