Lead Concept Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead Concept Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
The Lead Concept Artist is responsible for creating original and imaginative concept art for characters, environments and other game assets. A successful candidate is expected to present a clear and comprehensive process of research and exploration that supports their final art, and have a strong understanding of efficient ideation techniques. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Leads and other Artists to complete assignments and a demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
In this leadership role we are also looking for a strong ability to serve as an advocate for the art team, to help nurture and guide other artists, through both mentorship and critique, as well as serve as a passionate collaborative partner alongside the design and gameplay teams to prototyping unique and engaging gameplay experiences.
- At least 5 years experience in video game development
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style and design sensibility
- Strong use of research and reference material that supports idea generation and problem solving
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats, experience in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
- Superior eye for light, value, color and composition
- Excellent communication skills and ability to give and take direction as well as accept critical review of your work
- Require knowledge of human anatomy, traditional painting and drawing methods, and experience in Photoshop
- Familiarity with and passion for games
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong understand of general 3d and game art production techniques
- Some basic Maya experience (or comparable 3d software)
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted