Lead Environment Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for a Lead Environment Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
Working together with the other art leads and designers, the lead environment artist is tasked with managing the environment art department. The candidate is responsible for the environment art team’s creation of visually stunning environments that both closely capture the “look” and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical engine and design requirements.
Other than strong leadership skills, a successful candidates are able to quickly understand custom toolsets and deliver assets within the confines of real-time engine constraints and programming and gameplay requirements. The ability to work both independently and in cooperation with Designers and other Artists to complete assigned projects and demonstration of strong artistic interpretation skills is also required.
- Strong modeling and texturing skills and a excellent sense of spatial relations and structural logic
- Excellent communication and collaborative problem solving skills
- Strong artistic interpretative ability within the context of a particular art style and gameplay.
- Efficient organization and communication skills and ability to prioritize and execute ideas within a schedule
- Excellent technical and artistic problem solving
- Experience Level: 5+ years as a game environment artist
- Software: Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush or equivalent
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Strong architecture or traditional art background
- Lighting or cinematography experience
- Any other game related art or design experience (FX, scripting, etc)
Submitted demo reels must include samples of previous work and an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted along with resume featuring references.
Please send samples of your work with your application.
APPLYTo apply please email email@example.com
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted