Lead Level Designer
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate developers to help us push the boundaries of gameplay, art and story-telling. We are currently working on three exciting and eclectic projects.
We are in the pre-production phase of an exciting new AAA third-person action console title, based on a brand new original IP we are creating. In addition, we are also in full production on both a cutting edge VR experience, in partnership with Oculus and De·formers, a fast and frantic third person smash’em arena game in partnership with GameTrust.
Our team is growing, so come join one of the preeminent independent video-game developers in the world.
We are seeking sharp, ambitious, visionary talent to join our team. A candidate should have shipped or is about to ship at least one high profile title.
- Minimum 6 years design experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to focus and work without micro-management
- Ability to take direction and accept critical review of your work
- Clear understanding and appreciation of schedules and milestones
- 3D game level building experience
- Ability to create fun and exciting gameplay using a complex array of mechanics.
- Strong understanding of aesthetics as it relates to level layout and presentation
- Passion for and broad knowledge of console games with an ability to critically analyze them
- Development of design documentation for level progression (flow), level layouts and 3D block-outs for in-engine playtesting.
- Bring new ideas to the table in regards to every facet of the game; mechanics, story, missions, and more
- Work closely with the artists and programmers to take ideas from conception to implementation
Additional Skills (Pluses):
- Maya experience
Please send samples of your work with your application.
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted