We are looking for a Rigging Artist to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
The Rigging Artist creates rigs through a thorough understanding of physics and anatomy as well as a strong knowledge of realistic deformation. An ideal candidate demonstrates strong troubleshooting skills and the ability to find pragmatic solutions to technical character and prop issues.
- Set up and maintain character / prop rigs and systems
- Work with artists to develop models that meets technical requirements
- Work with animation team to create artist-friendly rigs that satisfy animation/gameplay needs
- Develop new techniques and processes to further advance quality/realism
- Create tools to streamline workflow/pipelines for multiple projects.
- Understand aesthetic and technical requirements; instill best practices
- Pre-production planning to define and address technical design requirements and issues.
- Constantly review the content creation pipeline to identify and fix any possible pipeline or technology deficiencies for the character art and animation departments
- 2+ years as a rigging artist with multiple games shipped
- Experience creating complex character based rigs and supporting the technical aspects of game art development
- Strong understanding of techniques and technologies relating to character rigging and animation comprehension of core principles relating to rigging
- Strong understanding of figure anatomy
- Experience building tools to improve animation and automating character pipelines
- Knowledge of Maya
- Python scripting experience
- An ability to listen to artists, understand their needs with regards to tools and translate those into actionable technical specifications
- Strong communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Proven ability to be self-sufficient and take initiative to seek answers and address issues
Additional Skills (pluses):
- Photorealistic Facial Expression pipeline experience.
- Understanding of motion capture pipelines and workflows involved
- Knowledge of Motionbuilder
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted