Senior Character Artist
Ready At Dawn is looking for talented and passionate Character Artists to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
Working together with the art leads, designers, and animators, the character artist is responsible for creating visually stunning 3d characters and interactive gameplay models that both closely capture the “look” and artistic style of the concept art, as well as efficiently satisfy all technical engine and animation requirements.
A successful candidate must demonstrate a strong understanding of sculptural form, anatomy, and a familiarity with and ability to work in a wide range of artistic styles. A high attention to detail and strong technical and artistic problem solving abilities are equally important for the position.
- 4+ years games industry experience
- Full understanding of the character art pipeline and to work with other departments to create efficiencies
- Strong technical modeling skills (extremely clean mesh, uvs, and scene organization are a must)
- Strong understanding of game character creation (retopology for ideal rigging deformation and to convincingly support normal maps)
- Excellent communication and collabrative problem solving skills
- Software: Maya, ZBrush, xNormal, Photoshop (or comparable programs)
- Strong traditional sculpture, drawing, painting, and texturing skills are a plus
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted