Senior Tools Programmer
We are looking for a Senior Tools Programmer to join us in creating high profile original titles for both the VR and AAA console spaces.
The Senior Tools Programmer collaborates with design, engineering, and animation teams to create and develop software tools, applications and systems to assist in game development. An ideal candidate demonstrates strong problem solving skills, a familiarity with the workflow and challenges across a broad range of disciplines in game development, as well as a proficiency in developing various tools and scripts for content creation and management.
- Maintain and extend tools for asset management
- Improve content pipelines, focus on reducing iteration time and maximizing visual polish
- Research and implement artist tools for use in Maya
- Prototype and pitch creative and engine-efficient content solutions for complex visual problems
- Work closely with artists, designers, and engine/gameplay programmers to develop easy to use technologies and prioritize feature roll-out
- Debug pipeline issues as needed and propose solutions to solve them cleanly
- Maximize the team’s production efficiency through various pipeline and tools improvement.
- 5+ years as a Tools Programmer with multiple games shipped
- Excellent python programming skills
- Knowledge of C/C++
- Strong balance of technical, aesthetic, problem solving, and communication skills
- Strong understanding of general artistic aesthetics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to filter diverse feedback from artists, designers, and programmers and propose effective solutions
- Passion for and broad knowledge of games and game development, with an ability to critically analyze
Additional Skills (pluses):
- Experience in authoring a wide array of tools (animation, environment construction, modeling, fx, etc)
- Any additional programming skills are welcomed
- Understanding of motion capture pipelines and workflows involved
Please send samples of your work with your application.
APPLYTo apply please email [email protected]
Please include the following:
- The job you are applying for in the subject line
- Resume / CV
- Portfolio / Website / Demo Reel
- Please include an exact breakdown of your specific contribution to the material submitted